Following are some general guidelines for the estrangedstories.ning.com community. We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined here on profiles, discussions and forums.
We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. Please contact us if you do not understand any of the rules, guidelines or policies outlined below. Removal of your profile (Banned Member) is a definite and direct consequence of not adhering to these guidelines. In addition to the rules posted here, you are required to read any individual forum rules that are posted at the top of specific forums.
By using this forum, you further agree to abide by the estrangedstories.ning.com Terms of Service. Estrangedstories.ning.com will assume members have read said terms and will not take ignorance of any rules as an excuse for not following the rules, policies, and guidelines outlined here and/or in the forum specific rules.
0. We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive and participates in the following can be banned without warning:
. Rude or impolite comments, jokes, or discussions
. Personal attacks of any kind made to any member
. Racial slurs or comments of any kind
. Profanity of any kind
. Also note, if you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled.
0. Do not post material or contact anyone to suggest your product, website or service. If you glean information and use that information to contact someone and present an offer, that is considered SPAM and your account, profile and posts will be removed immediately.
0. Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account will be removed.
0. Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
0. You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.
0. You may not compensate anyone for any review or recommendation.
0. You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
0. You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters, or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by estrangedstories.ning.com. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
0. You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or that are determined by the estrangedstories.ning.com moderator to be detrimental to the community.
0. You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether or not to take action on such posts.
0. You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products, services, or any company without firsthand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies.
0. Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
0. You may not post any message that is commercial by nature.
0. If your user name is the same as your URL or company name, you may not refer to it outside the advertising forums.
0. You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
0. You may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum – public, private, or commercial. Most importantly, our member base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
0. You are expected and required to read and follow the rules outlined within a category that are posted as Announcements.
0. You may not intentionally "trash" or "troll" in another user's thread.
0. Requests for loans or other banking transfers are not allowed in any Forum Category.
0. Any attempts to defraud or deceive our members will result in your account being suspended.
0. We welcome constructive feedback, but will not tolerate excessive public posts criticizing estrangedstories.
0. Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such will be removed without comment. We do encourage feedback and invite you to contact the moderator if you have any questions or concerns.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current estrangedstories.ning.com policies. We further reserve our right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without notice. If there are any rules or policies you do not understand, please contact us. Finally, any abuse towards estrangedstories.ning.com management in any form will result in immediate suspension of your account.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to anyone younger than 19 and is offered only to users 19 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 19 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
Additionally, you agree not to:
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network's online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network.